Loaded Potato Pinwheels
Loaded baked potatoes all rolled up in a flaky biscuit dough and topped with sour cream, bacon and green onions -- a perfect appetizer!
- 1 (11.8-ounce) bag Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen backyard grilled potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded, about 5 ounces
- 1/2 cup cooked real bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet, or 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops, finely chopped, about 3 medium
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray 2 large cookie sheets with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
Microwave frozen potatoes 3 to 4 minutes to thaw. In medium bowl, with fork, mash potatoes leaving some small pieces. Stir in cheese, 1/3 cup of the bacon bits and the milk until well blended.
If using crescent dough sheet, unroll dough on cutting board; press into 14x8-inch rectangle. If using crescent rolls, unroll dough on cutting board, press into 14x8-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut into 2 rectangles, 14x4-inches each.
Spread half of the potato mixture on one rectangle to within 1/4-inch of long edges. Starting at one long side, tightly roll up dough; pinch seams to seal. Using serrated knife, cut roll into 14 slices. Place slices, cut side up, on cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately, remove from cookie sheets to serving plate. Top each pinwheel with sour cream, remaining bacon bits and the green onions. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Lemonade Pie 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Strawberry Milkshake Ice Cream Cake 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Salad w/Balsamic... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff Stew 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli -... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Savory Herb Corn Muffins 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Country French Omelet (Bacon &... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)