Veggies: Baked Parsnip Fries with Rosemary
Roasting vegetables is just one of the things a sheet pan is good for.
- 2 1/2 pounds parsnips or carrots, peeled, cut into about 3x1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) ground cumin
Preparation time 14mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 450°. Mix parsnips, chopped rosemary, garlic, and oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Scatter rosemary sprigs over.
Roast for 10 minutes; turn parsnips and roast until parsnips are tender and browned in spots, 10–15 minutes longer. Crumble leaves from rosemary sprigs over; discard stems and toss to coat. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp. cumin over. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more cumin, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creole Macaroni and Cheese 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chili Macaroni Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken: Sauteed Chicken with Wild... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Salad: Pan-Seared Shrimp Salad... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Creamy Tomato... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Asparagus & Tomato Salad... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spicy Honey-Glazed Parsnips 4.3/5 (9 Votes)