Chipotle Rubbed Cowboy Steak With Jalapeno Jelly
- 24 ounces prime bone --in short tail ribeye
- --chipotle paste--
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 6 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- --jalapeno jelly--
- 4 jalapeno peppers -- seeded and chopped
- 1 cup new mexican red peppers -- diced
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
Rub paste over steak to thinly cover, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, tightly covered.
Over hot heat, grill the steak for 10 minutes on one side and 8 minutes on the other. Slather jelly on meat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a paste.
In a heavy 2 quart sauce pan over high heat, combine the peppers, jalapenos, sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil over.
Turn off the heat and add the pectin, slowly, mixing well. Turn the heat on again to high and cook until the mixture comes back to a boil. Then let cool.