Whole Wheat Zucchini Banana Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup chocolate chips, raisins, dried fruit, nuts, or a mixture of any of these
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from delishhh.com
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a standard-sized loaf pan.
Beat together the eggs, honey, banana, brown sugar, and vanilla until well-combined.
In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix into the egg/banana mixture just until combined.
Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips, just until combined.
Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let rest for 20 minutes before removing from the loaf pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
For best results, store loosely draped with a kitchen towel. Wrapping your bread in plastic or foil will result in gummy texture.
You'll also love
- Toasted Ravioli 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bowls 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Casserole 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Risotto 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker So Easy Cherry... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- YUMMY ZUCCHINI 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Easy Banana Pudding Parfaits 4.6/5 (13 Votes)