Smoked chicken and roasted shallot risotto
- 8 shallots, unpeeled
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 2 c uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 c dry red wine
- 7 c hot chicken broth
- 2 c chopped smoked chicken
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 c Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Preheat oven to 425.
Place shallots in an 8" square pan and bake 30 minutes.
Cool slightly; peel and coarsely chop; set aside.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut into 3/4" pieces.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and garlic, saute 3-4 minutes.
Add wine, and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
Repeat with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time.
Cooking time is about 30 minutes.
Add shallots, asparagus, bell pepper and mushrooms with last 1/2 broth.
Stir in cheese, rosemary and pepper.