Make delicious mini bread bowls from crusty French loaf, then fill and bake with an irresistible breakfast combo: eggs, cheese and ham.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham or Canadian bacon
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded Gouda cheese or Cheddar cheese
- 4 LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- Dash salt, if desired
- Dash McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
1.- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Carefully unroll loaf of dough onto cookie sheet; cut in half lengthwise and crosswise to form 4 squares. Sprinkle dough squares with basil and rosemary. Top dough squares evenly with ham and cheese. Make small well in center of ham and cheese on each square.
2.- To form crostatas, fold edges of dough up 1 inch over filling, making pleats and pressing dough firmly. Carefully crack open each egg and drop into well in each crostata. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3.- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bottoms of crostatas are golden brown and egg whites and yolks are firm, not runny.