Sweet Potato Zucchini Vichyssoise
An updated version of the classic French potato-leek soup.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts (I used 3 large leeks)
- 4 cups chopped peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 large potatoes)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini (1 large zucchini)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Place chopped leeks into a large bowl filled with water. Agitate the water to clean and break apart the leeks; drain.
Heat olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot (such as a dutch oven) over medium heat.
Add in the chopped leeks and cook, stirring, until leeks begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the chopped potatoes, zucchini, and broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Puree either with an immersion blender or in a regular blender until smooth (if using a regular blender, you will have to do this in separate batches).
Season again with salt and pepper to your taste preference. Serve hot, warm, or cold.
You'll also love
- Linsen (Lentils, german) 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Indian Cauliflower Fritters 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Gordon Biersch Garlic Fries 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- No Bake Pumpkin Bars 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Summer Garden Succotash 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Loaded Scalloped Potatoes 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Carrot and Zucchini Bars 4.6/5 (12 Votes)