Chicken & Bacon Satay
A satay is an Indonesian version of kabobs: thinly sliced marinated meat grilled on a skewer and served with lip-licking peanut sauce. This version uses grilled chicken strips with bacon. Mmm-mm good!
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned and boned (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 16 to 20 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- 8 to 10 fully-cooked bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Cut chicken into 16 to 20 (1-inch) strips.
Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken, turning to coat. Seal and chill 45 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, soak skewers in water 30 minutes; drain.
Preheat grill to 350°F to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 1 bacon piece and 1 chicken strip onto each skewer.
Grill skewers, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve skewers with Peanut Sauce.
Process peanut butter, soy sauce, cilantro, lime juice, honey, and dark sesame oil in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon at a time, processing until desired consistency is reached.
Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
You'll also love
- Italian Peach Cookies 4.3/5 (88 Votes)
- Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth,... 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Crazy Good Casserole-Cheesy Bacon... 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Wick's Sugar Cream Pie 4.1/5 (114 Votes)
- Chili Lime Pork Roast 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Hawaiian Ham Quesadillas 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Puffs 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Mushroom Puffs 4.4/5 (70 Votes)