Crab Cake Burgers
Juicy lump crab meat burgers are topped with a light tartar sauce in this summertime favorite.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over and drained if necessary
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, preferably organic, lightly whisked
- 3 Tbsp 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil mayonnaise (I like the Spectrum brand)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp country Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Tartar Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp canola oil mayonnaise (I like the Spectrum brand)
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium Kosher dill pickle spear, finely diced
- 2 tsp pickle juice
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For Serving:
- lightly toasted whole wheat burger buns
- thinly sliced red onion
- fresh lemon wedges
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Make tartar sauce: combine mayonnaise and Greek yogurt in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
In a large bowl, mix together the crabmeat, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, egg, yogurt, mayonnaise, scallions, mustard, and salt&pepper to taste. Mixture will be a bit wet.
Gently shape into 4 patties; place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Heat grill to medium-high heat, and brush with canola oil. (If your grill has wide grates, you may want to cook the crab cakes in a skillet on the grill). Cook the crab cake patties until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side.
Serve on toasted burger buns with tartar sauce, lettuce, red onion, and fresh lemon wedges.