Mile High Strawberry Pie!
- PIE CRUST
- 1 pie crust shell, baked (9 - 12 inch pie pan)
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 4 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 sm box strawberry jello
- 2 1/2 qt strawberries, fresh (or more!!! for taller pie!!)
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENT
- whip cream for topping or cool whip
- whole or sliced strawberries
1 Mix together with a whisk: Water sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add the strawberry Jell-O and whisk and stir until well blended and jello is dissolved.
Remove from heat and let cool (don't let it get set, just cooled).
2 Wash the strawberries, pat dry, remove the hulls.
Cut strawberries in half (or leave whole!!).
Gently fold the strawberries into the Jell-O mixture.
3 Pile the strawberries up in the baked pie shell (it will look like a hill).
Refrigerate at least an hour.
4 *** Serve as is, or with a spoonfull of whip cream or cool whip and a strawberry on top.
*** Cover the entire hill of strawberries with whipped cream or cool whip.
Place some strawberries on top to garnish.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (889 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)