Roasted Beet & Grapefruit Salad
- 4 to 5 beets
- 1 lg grapefruit (pink)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c thinly shredded mint or parsley
Preheat oven to 450. Trim and discard tops and tails from beets. Wash well, then wrap each beet in foil. Roast on a baking sheet until fork tender, 60 to 75 minutes Unwrap and let cool. Peel and slice into rounds.
Cut thin slices off top and bottom of grapefruit. Cut off and discard remaining peel, including white pith so flesh is showing. Slice into rounds. In a large bowl, stir vinegar with horseradish, oil, honey and salt.
Toss warm beets and grapefuit with vinegar dressing. Sprinkle with mint just before serving..
You'll also love
- Apple Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Black Bean Lettuce Wrap 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marie Callender's Famous Golden... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp with Tomato Key Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon & Rosemary marinated Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beet salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frozen Grapes 0/5 (0 Votes)