Cookies: Chocolate Chip (Bon Appetit)
Crunchy edges and soft centers make Lahey's cookies a classic
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and both sugars in a large bowl until well combined, 2–3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; beat on medium-high speed until mixture is light and fluffy, 2–3 minutes. Add dry ingredients, reduce speed to low, and mix just to blend. Fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 1/2" apart. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until edges are golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cool. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature, or freeze cookies for up to 2 months.