Can double this
Can prepare and cook, then freeze
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (could be substituted for italian sausage)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 c. water
- 1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese (we used skim ricotta to save some unneccesary fat haha)
- 1 pkg. Kraft Italian Cheese (approx. 2 cups)
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Brown meat in large skillet; drain.
Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. parmesan, egg and parsley.
Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles (3 noodles broken up per layer), broken to fit; and cheese mixture.
Cover with 2 cups meat sauce.
Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit; cheese mixture and meat sauce.
Cover with lid. Cook on low 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand, covered, 10 min. or until melted. *
*Ours only cooked for about 3 1/2 hours because I had a hungry husband and it was fine! Plus the meat is cooked beforehand so it is safe. :)