Shrimp & Black Bean Lettuce Wrap
Black Mtn Film Society Fav by Jan Justice!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh or dried
- 1 pound fresh rock shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 cup chopped red onions Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces can black beans
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 head butter lettuce, cleaned and separated
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil with chili pepper and ginger over low heat. Add shrimp to mixture and turn heat to medium-low. Saute until shrimp turn pink, about 8 minutes. Set aside. In a separate skillet, saute red onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add one-third of the black beans, saute, and mash the beans. Add remaining beans, saute, leaving those beans whole. Add shrimp mixture, scallions, and cilantro. Saute for 2 additional minutes. Serve wrapped in butter lettuce.
A drop of sour cream is also very good!
You'll also love
- Marie Callender's Famous Golden... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creole Soup with Ham and Crawfish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SALMON EN CROUTE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Rice, Spinach, Salmon, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Decadent Smoked Salmon, Crab and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ravioli Alfredo with Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Michael Symon's White Bean and... 0/5 (0 Votes)