Grilled Tilapia with Banana Black-Bean Salad
- 1 c plus 2 T black beans
- 2 semi-firm bananas (some green still showing) peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped (1 c)
- 3 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2/3 packed cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 t chili powder, divided
- Olive oil for coating grill
- 6 6-oz tilapia fillets
- 1 t sea salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine beans, bananas, onion, jalapenos, lime juice, cilantro and 2 t chili powder. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Preheat grill to med-high and lightly oil rack (to keep fish from sticking). Season tilapia with remaining 1 t chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook tilapia until lightly browned and opaque at center, about 3-4 mins per side.
3. To serve, place fillet and 2/3 c salad on each plate.
You'll also love
- Creole Soup with Ham and Crawfish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SALMON EN CROUTE 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Black Rice, Spinach, Salmon, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peanut butter cornflake bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lemon Chicken Breasts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tex Mex Tilapia 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Graham Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)