Eggplant parmesan heros
9 fat, 423 cal, 73 carb, 9 fiber, 13 pro
- 1 med eggplant (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 c seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/3 c shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 hero or hoagie buns
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Peel eggplant; cut into 1/4" thick slices.
2. Place marinara in shallow dish. In second shallow dish add croutons and half the cheese. Dip eggplant in marinara then crouton mixture; press to coat. Place eggplant on baking sheet. Bake 15 min or until breading is browned and eggplant is tender. Remove from oven.
3. On baking sheet, toast buns for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, transfer remaining marinara in small microwave safe bowl; heat for 30 seconds. Place eggplant on bun, top with marinara and cheese. Sprinkle with basil leaves,