Seafood: Potted Crab with Meyer Lemon
Use good butter, fresh crabmeat, and Meyer lemons and this simple spread will really sing. Can't find Meyer lemons? Substitute 2 Tbsp. juice and 1–2 tsp. zest from a regular lemon instead.
- 1 –2 Meyer lemons (2 teaspoons finely grated zest, 3 tablespoons juice, plus thin slices for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons Sherry
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter (preferably Kerrygold Pure Irish), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- Buttered toast points
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Bring juice and Sherry to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 1 Tbsp., about 3 minutes. Transfer to a mini-processor; let cool. Add butter, lemon zest, and harissa; purée until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently fold crabmeat into butter (keep crab pieces intact). Pack crab butter into a crock, smoothing top with a butter knife. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.
Garnish with lemon slices, if desired. Let stand until room temperature, about 1 hour, and serve with buttered toast points.
You'll also love
- Meaty Spaghetti with Mushrooms 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Orzo Salad with Cannellini Beans... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sauteed Sausage and Grapes with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- muffin - banana muffins/bread 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Curried Mussels 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Campbell's® Herbed Crab Cakes... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Breaded Lemon Pepper Chicken With... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Crab Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)