When blessed with a gorgeous day this time of year, you'll want to cook everything on the barbie. Satisfy everyone's summer sweet tooth with Campfire Bananas.
- 4 large bananas
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped pecans or almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mini marshmallows
1. Heat barbecue to medium. Peel bananas. Make a lengthwise slit along inside curve of each banana (but don't cut all the way through), then gently open to form a long hollow. Place each banana on a large piece of foil. Divide chips, pecans and marshmallows into 4 portions, then stuff each banana with a portion. It's OK if some spills out. Seal foil around bananas.
2. Place foil packets on grill. Barbecue 8 minutes. Carefully open foil packets. Chocolate should be just starting to melt. Grab a spoon and eat straight from foil or place packets on plates. Sprinkle with more nuts, if you wish. Excellent with scoops of caramel gelato.