- 1 cup (2 sticks butter) Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- One 12-ounce package chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats or grease generousely with butter or cooking spray.
Beath butter and sugars until light and fluffy and eggs and vanilla and beat for one more minute.
Stir together dry ingredients and add all at once to butter mixture and beat on low until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
Using a 1 1/2 inch diameter ice cream scoop to make large cookies, drop 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. (When cool, cookies should be chewy in the middle)