Brownies Gluten Free
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar (we used sucanat)
- 3 large pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raw butter
- 7 oz semisweet or bittersweet baking chocolate, divided OR 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the almond flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder and set aside.
3. In a small pan melt together 4 ounces of chocolate or a scant 1/2 cup chocolate chips with the butter.
4. While the chocolate is melting, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla.
5. Slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter into the egg/sugar mixture while whisking until fully incorporated. Don’t go too fast so that the raw eggs don’t cook upon contact.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix completely.
7. Pour the batter in an 8 x 8 pan.Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate and gently press it into the batter.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. Let these cool completely before cutting in.