Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
So in addition to the lettuce, we’ve got a lot going on in this southwestern chopped chicken salad. Like, a lot. There’s black beans, corn, green peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, chicken, avocado and tortilla chips. All tossed together with a taco ranch dressing that is way too good for how easy it is.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can sweet yellow corn (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 head ice berg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
Adapted from greensnchocolate.com
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips.
In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together. Pour dressing over salad, starting with about half of the dressing. Toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until it is dressed to your liking.
Top with tortilla chips. Enjoy!