Mandarin Orange Cake for Summer
- 1 - 18 ounce package butter cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 - 11 ounce can mandarin oranges with juice
- 1 - 16 ounce can crushed pineapple (I used a 20 oz.)
- 1 - 6 serving size box instant vanilla pudding mix (I used Sugar Free)
- 1 - 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed (I used Lite Cool Whip)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 (9 inch) cake pans with non-stick vegetable spray. NOTE: I used 9x13 pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges and beat until well blended. Pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tested inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. NOTE: I baked 25 minutes in my top oven since it does not cook as hot as bottom oven and it turned out PERFECT!
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle pudding over pineapple and refrigerate. After cake is cooled, fold whipped topping into pineapple mixture. Frost cake and store in refrigerator.
We all LOVED this cake and I call it a summer cake since it is cold and refreshing. The other Mandarin Cake is very good also and said we could use it for Winter!!!
Prepared May 6, 2012
Page 64 Cooking and Entertaining Southern Lady Cookbook Collection