Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 8 medium sized butter or chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 stick (1/4) cup melted salted butter
- Chocolate Layers:
- 15 ounces milk chocolate chips( about 2 1/2 cups
- Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick (1/2) cup salted butter , softttened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 325.
In food processor or blender, process cookies until finely ground. Add butter and mix together completely. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 8x8 baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature
Melt chocolate in double boiler, or micrwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Pour 1/2 of the melted chocolate into the pan and smooth evenly over the crust. Place the pan in the refrigerator. Keep remaining chocolate warm.
Blend peanut butter and butter together until smooth using a mixer. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar and then addvanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread peanut butter filling over chilled chocolate layer. Finish by pouring remaining warm chocolate over peanut butter filling, spread smooth. Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars and serve.