Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
- 4 medium beets - scrubbed, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces goat cheese
Wash oil wrap in tinfoil
Cook them in a pre-heated 400-degree oven until tender. How much time, you ask? It depends on the size of your beets. Try 45 minutes
2. While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
4. Place a large helping of baby greens onto each of four salad plates, divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beets over the greens, and top with dabs of goat cheese. Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.