Paleo Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2-3 lb. beef roast (chuck or shoulder works best)
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped in half
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, washed and dried
Adapted from paleocupboard.com
1. Plug in the slow cooker and turn it to low. Pour in the stock. Season the roast generously with sea salt and ground black pepper and then add to the slow cooker.
2. Place the carrots around the edge of the roast and place the sliced onions and garlic cloves on top of the roast. Allow the roast to cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add the mushrooms to the slow cooker about 45 minutes before you want to eat.
3. Remove the roast and vegetables from the slow cooker and place on a platter. Pour some of the remaining cooking liquid over the meat and serve.