APPLE, CARROT AND PARSNIP SOUP
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 1/2 cup smoked chicken (opt)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
In large pot over med heat, sauté the leeks and garlic in the oil, until softened.
Stir in the parsnips, carrots and apple.
Add the stock and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
Simmer, uncovered, until parsnips are tender, about 30 minutes.
Purée the soup until smooth. Add the cream and chicken.
Reheat over medium heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Bread Pudding 5/5 (1 Votes)
- NewEngland Clam Chowder 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- GRANDMA VIRGINIA'S LIGHT LEMON CAKE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Bean/Asparagus Marinade 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ham and Apple Panini 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pickled Carrot Sticks 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rainbow carrot, pea shoot and... 5/5 (1 Votes)