Sauteed Ramps With Apple Smoked Bacon
- 2 pounds ramps trimmed, cleaned
- 1/4 pound apple-smoked bacon julienned
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large pot bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil and add ramps. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath and remove when chilled. Drain on paper towels.
In a skillet cook bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain. Add ramps to bacon fat in skillet and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Saute until lightly caramelized and serve immediately, garnished with reserved crispy bacon.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Salmon With Beurre Rouge And Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rolled Honey And Lemon Three-Nut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paul's Sausage Meatballs With Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Next Day Sausage Meatball Po-Boys 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kicked Up Bacon-Cheese Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honeyed Apple-Cabbage Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Blue Fish On Watercress... 0/5 (0 Votes)