Lemon Parsley Bean Salad
Mediterranean inspired bean salad bursting with flavors, including lemon, garlic and fresh herbs. This healthy salad is vegan and gluten free, but mostly just delicious!
- 2 (14-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, optional*
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced in half or thirds lengthwise and chopped, optional*
- 1 ripe red tomato, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch red pepper flakes
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from cookieandkate.com
In a serving bowl, combine the prepared kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery, tomato, cucumber, parsley and dill (or mint).
Make the lemon dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper flakes until emulsified. Pour dressing over the bean and vegetable mixture and toss thoroughly. Serve immediately for the most flavor, or let it marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for a couple of hours or longer.
Leftovers should keep well, covered and refrigerated, for several days. If necessary, wake up leftovers with a little sprinkle of salt or drizzle of lemon juice.
You'll also love
- Murray's Sausage Rolls 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Berry Crumble 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Perfect Strawberry Margarita 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Mini Meatballs with... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange Raspberry Vinaigrette 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry orange oatmeal bread 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Orzo Lemon Orzo with Asparagus 4.4/5 (17 Votes)