Linguine with Mussels
- 2 (16-ounce) packages linguine
- 2 cups olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces large green olives, pitted
- 3 (28-ounce) cans crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and bearded
- Fresh basil for garnish
Adapted from lecreuset.com
In a large stockpot, cook linguine per package directions. Drain and set aside.
In the same stockpot, heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in olives, tomatoes, sugar and remaining olive oil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add mussels. Cook 5 minutes or until the mussels open. Stir in linguine and toss to coat. Garnish servings with torn basil.
You'll also love
- Apples & Buttons (Ham, Apples and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Orange Ginger Mint Frosty 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pasta Primavera 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lobster Tails with Lemon Wine... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp over cucumber noodles 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet-Toasted Penne with Chicken... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mo's Linguini Alfredo with Oregon... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)