Pasta With Chickpeas And Spinach
- 1 pound fusilli or penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or canned vegetable broth)
- 1 can chickpeas - (15 oz) rinsed, drained
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach rinsed well, and stems removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cubed mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated asiago
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and onions, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and stir to deglaze the pan. Add the vegetable stock and chickpeas and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chickpeas are tender, about 5 minutes, and almost all the broth is gone. Crush the peas lightly with the back of a spoon against the side of the pot. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss well to coat. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Add the extra-virgin olive oil, cream, and cheeses, and toss to combine.
Divide the pasta among serving plates and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Parsnip Cakes With Smoked Trout,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Truffled Potato Chips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguica-Stuffed Turkey Breast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Layered Black Bean Chili Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetarian Microwave Black Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant, Sausage, And Ziti... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan And Spinach Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garbanzo Beans And Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)