- 1/2 lb shrimp (about 8 large)
- 1/2 cup drained canned water chestnuts or bamboo shoots
- 2 scallions, green part only
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger root
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 14 wonton wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup boiling-hot water
Peel shrimp and ,if desired, devein.
in a food processor puree 3 shrimp
Rinse and drain water chestnuts
finely chop water and remaining shrimp
finely chop scallion greens, reserving white parts for another use.
Lightly beat egg white and put one tbsp of egg white in a bowl.
Stir in pureed and chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, about two thirds each of scallion greens and ginger root, and 1 tbsp soy sauce.
Place won ton wrappers on a dry surface. only work with 6-8 at a time, keep remaining wrappers in package
lightly brush edges of wrappers with water.
mound about 1 tbsp filling in center of each wrapper
Fold each wrapper over filling to form a triangle.
press down around filling to force out excess air and seal edges well. Make additional dumplings with remaining wrappers.
In a small bowl stir together sugar and remaining scallion greens, ginger root, and soy sauce to make dipping sauce.
In a 12 inch non stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown dumplings on both sides, about 3 minutes total.
Add boiling-hot water to skillet and steam, covered, 5 minutes
Serve dumplings with dipping sauce
Chef's note: For depth of flavor, marinate shrimp for 4 hours with 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp vegetable oil and that water chestnuts cut into 1/2 inch strips.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (885 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (889 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)