One Pot Chicken Dish Over Cheesy Rice
- 6 bacon slices roughly chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Essence (see Bayou blast recipe)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely-chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces button mushrooms wiped clean, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Cheesy Rice Pilaf (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley for garnish
In an electric skillet or a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
Season the chicken with the Essence, and add to the fat in the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Melt the butter in the pan. Add the onions, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and thyme, and cook until the mushrooms give off their liquid, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring to deglaze the pan. Add the chicken, lower the heat, and simmer until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the bacon and green onions, and stir well.
Remove from the heat and serve over the Cheesy Rice Pilaf, and garnish with the parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.