Morning Glory Muffins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cupground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup strong orange juice
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 18 regular size muffin cups.
2.Mix brown sugar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cranberries, coconut, flax seed, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add grated apple and carrots; stir to combine. Add pineapple, coconut oil, orange juice, applesauce, pecans, eggs, and vanilla extract; stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
3.Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 - 30 minutes.
If using muffin liners use the foil ones...these stick to paper ones.
This makes 18 regular muffins and cooking instructions are for regular size not large size.
These spoil within a few days if not kept in the fridge or freezer. But they freeze well and then can be used a few at a time.