HG's The Great Greek Pizza
Entire recipe: 277 calories, 4.75g fat, 990mg sodium, 38g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 19g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*
- 1 stick light string cheese
- 1/2 cup thawed-from-frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 2 tbsp. crumbled fat-free feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 high-fiber pita
- 3 tbsp. canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 thin slices red onion, rings separated and halved
- 1 tbsp. sliced black olives
- 4 slices plum tomato
- Dash dried oregano or 1/4 tsp. fresh oregano
- Optional: salt and black pepper
Adapted from hungry-girl.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Break string cheese into thirds and place in a blender or food processor—blend at high speed until shredded. (Or pull into shreds and roughly chop.)
In a medium bowl, mix spinach, feta cheese, and garlic.
Lay pita on the baking sheet and spread with crushed tomatoes, leaving a 1⁄2-inch border. Top with spinach-feta mixture and sprinkle with shredded string cheese.
Top with onion, olives, and tomato, and sprinkle with oregano.
Bake until hot and lightly browned, 10 - 12 minutes.