Chicken Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker
- 2 4.5-oz. cans green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10-oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 12 6” corn tortillas, cut into 3/4” strips
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Spray 3-4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, spread 1 can of green chilies. In medium bowl, mix remaining can of green chilies, soup, enchilada sauce and mayonnaise.
Arrange 1/3 of the tortilla strips over chilies in cooker. Top with 1 cup of chicken, ½ cup beans, ½ cup of cheese and 1 cup of enchilada sauce mixture, spreading to edges of cooker to completely cover tortilla strips. Repeat layers twice, reserving last ½ cup cheese.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
Top with remaining ½ cup cheese. Cover, cook about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.