Roasted Shrimp and Peppers with Creamy Rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) (large) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound(s) (about 20 large) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint(s) grape tomatoes, halved if large
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for serving
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice and wine and cook, stirring, until the wine is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
Add 2 1/4 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, on a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the shrimp, red pepper, and tomatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until the shrimp are cooked through and the red pepper tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve over the rice and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)