Kicked Up Bacon-Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes like russets - (abt 3 lbs) peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp, and crumbled
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place the potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in a heavy 4-quart saucepan and cover with water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and return to the cooking pot.
Add the cream, butter, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Place the pan over medium low heat and mash with a potato masher to incorporate the ingredients and achieve a light texture, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the bacon, grated cheese, sour cream, and chopped chives and stir until thoroughly combined. Season, to taste.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Horseradish And Citrus Crusted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honeyed Date-Nut Muffins With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honeyed Apple-Cabbage Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Blue Fish On Watercress... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant, Sausage, And Ziti... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab-Boiled Country Style Pork Ribs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Hot-Sauced Fried Chickens... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Escargot, Goat Cheese,... 0/5 (0 Votes)