SWEET-SOUR CHICKEN WINGS
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 eggs
- cornstarch or mochiko
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut tips off wings for stock. Boil wing tips and 3/4 cup water for 1/2 hour (use 1-1/2 cups water for 5 pounds chicken). Season chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper. Dip in egg. Roll in cornstarch or mochiko. Fry to brown in oil. Arrange in pan lined with foil (sauce gets very sticky).
Pour sauce over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Turn every 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (885 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (889 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (676 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (395 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (389 Votes)