- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Scotch whisky
- 1/2 cup green ginger wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh watercress rinsed, dried
- 8 lightly buttered toasted croutons
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, Essence, salt, lemon juice, whiskey and ginger wine to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Add the honey and cream to the pan and cook until thickened. Add the shrimp back to the pan, and stir well to coat and warm through. Remove the pan from the heat.
Divide the watercress among 4 small serving plates. Spoon the shrimp over the watercress, and serve with toasted croutons.
This recipe yields 4 servings.