Creole Mustard And Herb Wrapped Beef Tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 beef tenderloin - (abt 3 1/2 to 4 lbs) trimmed, tied
- 1/2 cup Creole mustard (or other spicy whole-grained mustard)
- 8 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh thyme finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat until almost smoking. Season beef on all sides generously with salt and pepper and transfer meat to the skillet. Cook beef until well-browned on all sides, turning with tongs when necessary.
Transfer the beef to a cutting board or platter and, using a rubber spatula or spoon, rub all over with Creole mustard and garlic. Cover meat with chopped herbs, using your hands to evenly pat herbs into the mustard coating. Place prepared meat in a shallow roasting pan and cook about 20 to 25 minutes, or until meat registers 125 degrees on a meat thermometer for medium-rare. Remove meat from the oven and let it stand at least 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Steak 'en... 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff (Using Thin Strips... 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)