Roasted Chicken with Vegetables and Potatoes
Found in Woman's Day and vamped it
- 10 small red and yellow new potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 drumsticks
- 4 chicken breasts (with skin)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic smashed
- 1 large red onion sliced thin
- 2 large red peppers sliced julienne style
- 2 carrots julienne style (or matchbox style)
- 1 large container of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 120mins
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Place potatoes on microwave safe place and microwave about 7 minutes (you want them soft but still firm to cut). Set aside to cool.
Heat olive in large skillet over medium high heat.
Season chicken on both sides with salt & pepper to taste.
Cook chicken with skin down until golden brown and crisp about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate, skin side up. Continue cooking chicken.
Add about 1 tbsp more oil and add vegetables and seasoning. Cook stirring about 2 minutes. Add potatoes and wine. Continue cooking about 3 minutes.
Transfer vegetables/potatoes to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Top with chicken and toss lightly to combine.
Season with salt & pepper and thyme/rosemary.
Bake about 45 minutes till chicken is cooked through.