- Serves: 8
- Run a butter knife or offset spatula along sides of the ice-cream cups for easy removal. Ice cream and cookies can be assembled a few hours ahead and placed in the freezer until ready to serve.
- 1 (16 oz) container fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 round shortbread cookies (Walker's Shortbread Rounds)
- 8 (3 oz) vanilla ice-cream cups
- Garnishes: chocolate curls, fresh basil sprigs
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand 1 to 2 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
2. Place shortbread cookies on individual servings plates. Remove ice cream from cups, and place on cookies. Spoon strawberry mixture over ice cream. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.