Celery Root-Pear Puree
- 1 pound celery root peeled, and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 pound pears peeled, cored, and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place the celery root in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pears and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until thick and the pears fall apart. Remove from the heat.
Return the drained celery root and pears to a food processor. Add the cream and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and puree until smooth. Season with the nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Bacon, Pear & Raspberry Grilled... 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Pears with Cranberries, Pistachio... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)