Quinoa Caprese Salad
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Pompenian olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 8 ounces mozzarella balls (for vegan option use nut cheese)
Adapted from cookingquinoa.net
Make dressing by combining vinegar, garlic cloves, maple syrup, dijon and sea salt in a blender and processing until well combined. With the blender running, add olive oil in a steady stream.
In a large bowl combine quinoa, red onion, tomatoes, olives, basil and mozzarella. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with balsamic reduction.