Spicy Green Beans With Garlic
- 1/4 cup clarified butter (or vegetable oil)
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 small green peppers seeded, minced (such as jalapeño or serrano)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound green beans tough ends removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
In a large saute pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic slivers, peppers, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until the garlic begins to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add the green beans, water, salt, and stir well.
Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the sesame seeds and cook uncovered, stirring, until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and adjust seasoning, to taste. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 4 servings.