- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into cutlets
- salt and black pepper
- whole wheat flour
- nonstick spray
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. drained capers
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- fresh lemon slices
- chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Coat a saute pan with nonstick spray, add oil, and heat over medium-high.
2. Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side. Flip cutlets over and saute the other side, covered, 1-2 minutes. Transfer cutlets to a warmed platter; pour off fat from the pan.
3. Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
4. Add broth, lemon juice, and capers. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for 1 minute. Transfer cutlets to warm plates.
5. Finish sauce with butter and lemons. Once butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets.
6. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Makes: 2 servings
Nutritional Information: calories 449, fat 28g (10g. saturated), protein 41, carbohydrates 3, fiber 0g, cholesterol 129mg, sodium 259mg