Creamy Chicken Alfredo
If you want a butter flavored sauce, substitute butter for olive oil.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4oz each)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T minced onion
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 T fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place flour in shallow dish or pie plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt; coat with flour. Heat 2 T olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until golden, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet; place in a 13x9 baking dish.
2. Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is tender, 1-2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; add whipping cream, Parmesan and pepper. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken in dish.
3. Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chicken registers 180 degrees, 8-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsely.