Portuguese Influenced Scrambled Eggs With Salt Cod, Potatoes
- 1 pound salt cod
- 2 quarts milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly-sliced onions
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cubed baking potatoes, like russets cooked until tender
- 1 dozen large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
Two days before making, soak the cod in 1 quart of the milk in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for 24 hours. The next day, discard the milk and rinse the cod well with cold water. Put the cod in a fresh quart of milk and refrigerate for another 24 hours. Discard the milk and rinse well with cold water. Pat dry and flake into small pieces. Set aside.
In a large, nonstick saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the onions are wilted. Add the potatoes and the cod. Season with black pepper. Continue to sauté for 4 minutes.
Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture and stir constantly to scramble the eggs. Cook until the eggs are soft, but slightly firm, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and spoon into serving plates. Garnish with sliced olives.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)