Germanotta Tomato Fennel Soup
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, garlic & fennel. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes & broth: simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat; add basil & parsley. Cool slightly. Puree in blender. Season to taste & serve hot.