- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/bearnaise-sauce-226932#ixzz1tepQFwt1
Cooking time 20mins
Bring vinegar, wine, shallots and tarragon to a boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
2Boil until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
3Remove from heat and add water, then whisk in egg yolks until frothy.
4Drizzle in butter, whisking constantly to incorporate.
5Sauce should be thick, but thin it with a little water if needed.
6If it is too thin, return to heat and whisk constantly until thickened.
7Strain sauce through a medium mesh strainer into a heat proof cup.
8Season with lemon juice, salt, white pepper and cayenne.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/bearnaise-sauce-226932#ixzz1tepWASop